Understanding PTSDFeb 13, 2021 2021-09-21 11:09
This course is eligible for 2 CEUs for Licensed Social Workers, Licensed Mental Health Counselors, Licensed Psychologists and Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselors (CASACs) in New York State.
All of our live online seminars are eligible for CEU credits in 47 states (they are not eligible for Michigan, New Jersey, and West Virginia). Please ensure that you check the information page of the course to determine eligibility in your state.
Format: Self Study Seminar
The prevalence of trauma is astounding, and one of the best things we can do as clinicians is to start from the premise that the individuals we have been called to work with have had an exposure to trauma at some point in their lives.
This allows us to use a trauma-informed lens when working with our clients and to set the stage for us to really understand what PTSD is.
How do we use our understanding of Past, Present, and Future to effectively work with our clients and their trauma?
What are the symptoms of PTSD that we are to fully conceptualize in the context of our clients’ lives, so we can make the best and most effective treatment recommendations?
Come and learn with us.
Join us now.
What you’ll learn
- Learned the framework of the Socratic Motivational Practice to properly manage PTSD with your patients and clients.
- Learned the Principles, Techniques, Steps, and Do’s and Don’ts of the Socratic Motivational Practice to properly manage PTSD with your patients and clients.
- Increased your tools to talking with patients and clients by identifying at least one thing you will start doing differently at the end of the seminar, as a result of the Socratic Motivational Practice framework.
- Everything you want in one place, including an illustration of how to implement the newly learned skills during our role plays.
- Received your certificate by email immediately after your post-test and evaluation are completed.
What others have said about our courses:
“A solid presentation of a treatment modality. It was easy to sign on, and to complete the process.”
– Urania, LCSW-R
“This webinar was very informative and would be helpful to all clinicians. I benefited from feedback from the other participants.”
– Nancy, LMSW